Thursday, May 21, 2009

A wonderful healer



year2007
It was a MONDAY morning. I woke up with a really bad fever and cold. I was in no condition to even get out and decided that I had to take a day off from work. I called my manager and informed him of this unplanned leave. I was in a place 350Km away from home. My room mates volunteered to take me to a doctor. But I never go to a doctor until my body condition gets worse. So I just took a paracetamol but could not go to sleep. My head was rumbling. I decided to call my mom.

My mother was always by my side supporting me when I was happy and when I was in trouble. I dont understand why everyone remembers their parents only when they are in problems. People always have time to watch TV, browse net, and chat with boyfriends or girlfriends but never have time to spend time with their parents who have given everthing for their children and brought them up with care and affection.

It rang for sometime and an automated voice came over telling the 'user is not answering'. My fever increased.

My mother returned the call within 5minutes and I could hear her voice. As soon as I said 'hello'; she asked me how I was and if I was feeling well. I could not speak anything for sometime. How did she know? I lied telling I was fine and we spoke for some more time. I was feeling a lot better speaking with her and quite good when i hung up the call. By afternoon, I was in fantastic shape. I went to the office in the afternoon itself to the surprise of my seniors. I realised the healing powers a mother's words will have.

No comments:

Post a Comment